The Economics and Management Library was awarded its first seal of quality "Ausgezeichnete Bibliothek" (Outstanding Library) for its quality management in May 2013. The seal of quality is awarded by the Hochschule der Medien Stuttgart (valid for three years) to library and information facilities that achieve excellence according to the European Foundation for Quality Management .
In 2016, we successfully achieved recertification, allowing us to continue to display the seal of quality until 2020.
By means of 148 indicators, the strengths and weaknesses of the library have been identified, documented and evaluated and transferred to various improvement activities.
The EFQM-model as well as the combination of internal and external evaluations have helped to ensure a high quality of library services in the long-term and a sustainable change management.
Portfolio management - our guidelines
We place quality before quantity in our portfolio management concept:
- Our acquisition profile is aligned with the teaching and the research topics of Faculty VII.
- We quickly react to changes of course contents, research topics and user groups.
- Books from collecting areas that are not in our area of focus i.e. political science, philosophy, urban planning are not included in our portfolio any longer, since these topics are collected by the main university library. You can find reference books at our library as well as at the main university library. Book donations are only added to our portfolio if they fall within the scope of our acquisition profile.
- We are continuously reducing the amount of old, dispensable, outdated and redundant books to make room for new books and user working areas.
- The acquisition of e-journals and databases is improved by means of cost-benefit-analysis. This is carried out in cooperation with the main university library regarding the Electronic Journals Library (EZB) and the database information system (DBIS) of the TU Berlin. Approximately 80 % of our acquisition budget is used for journal subscriptions and licenses for bibliographical databases.
- The departments of Faculty VII regularly evaluate and optimize the portfolio development, leading to continuous improvements.
- Knowledge Portal Primo 
- Library account 
- Business Source Complete 
- Purchase suggestion 
- Literature from other libraries (KOBV) 
- Get the PDF-full-text 
- Orientation plan